Sunday, July 26, 2009

25th Anniversary Cake



This one was a surprise for a friend of mine. She and her husband will be celebrating their 25th anniversary on Tuesday, so I wanted to surprise them with a nice cake to mark the occasion. The cake is two layers, chocolate on the bottom and vanilla on top with strawberry filling in the middle. It's covered with vanilla buttercream and vanilla flavored fondant. The roses on the top are gum paste.
You'll have to excuse the poor photo quality on this one (and the last, for that matter). Brad wasn't available so I had to take the pictures myself.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! You did an awesome job, Katie! I love the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hold up...you MADE those roses? amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies.
    Trisha, I did make the roses. They're gum paste. I used petal dust to make them look more realistic. We were lucky; gum paste does not like humidity, but these didn't wilt too badly.

    ReplyDelete