Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daisy Cake!


Here's the most recent project. This one was for a bridal shower. It's a ten inch round at the bottom - marble cake with butter cream icing and a six inch round at the top - yellow cake with butter cream icing. There are pillars holding the top cake about an inch off of the bottom one. I wanted to put more space in there but the daisies didn't want to stack. As suggested in one of the Wilton Year Books, there's parchment under the daisies on both cakes. I used a blob of frosting in the middle of the parchment to keep the flower stems steady. There was a slight snafu on the way to the event and the six inch shifted in its box. Thankfully there was a spatula in the kitchen, as I neglected to bring a travel kit.
I'm working on trying out some new cake recipes. Thinking of picking up a copy of The Cake Mix Doctor. I'd like to be able to offer more flavors than are available in a box, but I'm still not sold on from scratch cakes.

1 comment: